Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Reading

Let me start by saying, I love to read and learn new things. One of my favorite Saturdays as a kid would be a trip to the library and then coming home to read curled up in my favorite chair. I remember looking forward to rainy days so I could savor staying inside. I really want the kids to have the opportunity to read great books and love reading as much as I do.



Yesterday some books I ordered were delivered from Sonlight. I love to pour over this homeschooling catalog for ideas for read-alouds, and readers for the kids - so we don't have to just stumble upon good books. I ordered several of the readers for Isaac's level and as soon as the books were opened, all three big kids had found a book to read.



Faith found "Amelia Bedelia" to reread.


Isaac wanted to read about Pompeii.


Hannah quickly read the Titanic story and then Pompeii.


We have enjoyed the books we have read from their catalog/curriculum. In the past, I have purchased the k4 program (tons of good books to read to your preschoolers), and the read alouds for the kindergarten program and grade two. I knew we wanted to read aloud to the kids anyway - why not read from a preselected list. I have also searched for some of their books at the library. Most of their selections have been great books. Gotta love a little homeschool on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment