Thursday, September 9, 2010

Still Reading ... Just Slower, Book 34, Week 36

I finished book 34 which puts me behind by two weeks.  I finally finished "He Leadeth Me by Fr. Walter J. Ciszek, S.J..  It was a book full of wonderful insight by a man who went through tremendous hardships and pain yet retained and strengthened his faith during the process.  He was an American Jesuit priest captured during WWII and served time for some 23 years in prisons and labor camps in Siberia.  I complain about much less significant hardships than he faced.  I need to discover the peace he was able to find and cling to for myself.  He had many points that challenged me to think about my own faith.

I am certain I can catch back up on my reading goals.  (Somehow, lately my time is not as free as it used to be!)

No comments:

Post a Comment