(Seeds planted on April 6th.)
A lot like this...
We are trying something new this year. I am not known for my green thumb. Brian usually apologizes to the plants I bring home - sorry for their luck or something like that.
I have wanted to have a garden for a few years now but we didn't think we had the time or energy to devote to such an endeavor. Well, this year we finally went for it. Following the Square Foot Gardening Book, we have a small 4x4 garden. So far we have planted strawberries, spinach, lettuce, basil, chives, beets, carrots, tomatoes, red pepper plants, sugar snap peas, and pole beans. We have one empty square foot where my parsley didn't come up. I plan to plant more spinach or beets there. I have more tomatoes, peppers, and zucchini that I think I will put into pots, unless I can convince Brian to build another garden container. :)
So without further ado, here are our tiny sprouts. (We did plant the tomatoes, strawberries, and red peppers from plants.) For the children's sake, I pray we enjoy a harvest this year! If not, it will have been a fun lesson in watching plants grow. It doesn't look like much from the distance yet.
Beets
Carrots
Red Pepper
Spinach Spouts
Lettuce
Beans
great job! I would love to do that someday too, my parents have always had one and get fresh cukes, tomatoes ect. each year.
ReplyDeleteKris K
What fun!!! Good luck. So far, the squirrels and the deer have eaten all I have planted. I may just try some pots in my sunroom now. :)
ReplyDelete